Duck MasterclassPresenter: Ian Curley – The European
Urban Kitchen, Melbourne’s largest cooking school, is proud to host one of Melbourne’s most revered chefs in a hands-on masterclass on all things duck.
The European’s Ian Curley will show you how to break down the trickiest of birds and cook the various cuts to perfection. Learn how to cook some of his most famous duck dishes – roast duck, duck cannelloni, duck rillette and duck pithivier – along with classic basics like perfect duck legs and stuffed duck neck.
After watching Ian’s demonstration, you start cooking with hands-on instruction. The Urban Kitchen has 44 industrial cooking stations with everything you need to cook like a chef.
This unique, intimate masterclass culminates in the dining room, where you’ll join Ian tasting your kitchen creations with matched wines, followed by cheese from the Spring Street Grocer’s cheese cave.
• 3.5 hours hands-on interactive cooking class
• Creation of a range of dishes under the expert guidance of our celebrity chef
• Cooking at individual commercial grade work stations
• Enjoyment of your prepared meal in our stylish dining room
• Wine matched to your created meal
• Dessert created by our celebrity chef
Photo credit – Andy Zakeli